Barth Howard Homeowners Insurance and Auto Insurance in San Ramon, California 

Site Map | Search     

 Barth Howard Insurance Agency


Home Personal Insurance Business Insurance Health & Dental Glossary Contact Us
Auto Homeowners Personal Umbrella Boats / Bikes / RVs Flood Earthquake Collectibles
DMV SR-1 Accident Rpt DMV SR-22 Proof Filing


I WILL save you money on your Homeowners and Auto Insurance in California.  CALL ME NOW!!




and get more


Service & Quality

Open for your calls

Weekdays, Evenings

& Saturdays!

(925) 699-4200




View Barth's Linkedin Profile


Be a HERO For Babies!  Make a small Donation Now!


DMV SR-1 Traffic Accident Report

             / Financial Responsibility Filing


If you are involved in a vehicle accident that occurred on a California street / highway or on private property, you must report it to DMV on form SR-1 if:

  • There was property damage of more than $750 or

  • Anyone was injured (no matter how minor) or

  • Anyone was killed.

The CHP or police will not make this report for you. You can call 1-800-777-0133 to ask for the SR 1 or go online here, SR-1 Traffic Accident Report. Mail the completed report to the address on the form.


Each driver must make a report to DMV within 10 days:

  • Regardless of fault (whether or not you caused the accident)

  • Even if the accident occurred on private property.  

Your driving privilege may be suspended:

  • If you don’t make this report.

  • For four years, if you did not have proper insurance coverage. During the last three years of a suspension, your license can be returned if you provide a SR-22 California Insurance Proof Certificate and maintain it during this period.

Accidents On Your Record


Every accident reported to DMV by law enforcement shows on your driving record unless the reporting officer says another person was at fault.


Every accident reported to DMV by you, or another party in the accident, shows on your record if any one person has over $750 in damage or if anyone is injured or dies.


It does not matter who caused the accident, DMV must keep this record.


Accidents, Insurance, and Minors


If you are under 18 years of age, your parents sign your license application and assume financial responsibility for your driving unless they ask DMV to cancel your license. If you are involved in an accident you may be liable for civil damages and you may also be fined. When you reach age 18, your parents’ liability automatically ends.



California Insurance Agent



                                                                           Legal Disclaimer | Privacy Policy

Representative of top-rated insurance companies: Farmers Insurance Group, Blue Cross, New World Life, Foremost, CNA, United States Liability

Selling fire, homeautos, umbrella, Boats, life, business, commercial auto, earthquake, & flood.   California Insurance Agency directly serving the

entire State Of California and the communities of Alamo, Blackhawk, Danville, Dublin, Pleasanton, San Ramon, and greater SanFrancisco Eastbay

(All of California and zip codes 94506, 94507, 94526, 94566, 94568, 94582, 94583, 95688)